Traditional Cheese Company Ltd
- Sector: Science
- Location: Dublin
- Salary: €25k - €30k
- Closing Date and Time: 16/08/2021 09:30
- Fixed-Term Contract (18 Months), Full-Time (40 Hours)
Traditional Cheese Company (TCC) is a privately owned Irish Company which specialises in the promotion, processing, packing and distribution of Irish and Continental cheeses. Initially a specialist wholesaler in the maturation, packing and supply of Irish Farmhouse cheese, the company progressed to importing artisan cheeses where the storage and quality monitoring of the cheese is vital before moving through the process of packing to the end consumer and now holds a prime position as a leading supplier of Irish and Continental cheeses to the retail and catering sectors.
This project aims to embed formal innovation processes into the company organisation through the development for new products, and processes including improved product shelf life to enable the company to grow and remain competitive in selected export markets.
With an annual salary offering of €28000-32000, the successful graduate will lead this project, in a supportive partnership with the College of Agriculture, Food and Rural Enterprise (CAFRE) and will also have the opportunity to avail of a set learning package with an academic institution as part of the employment offering.
• A degree or equivalent in Food Technology/Food Science, Culinary Arts OR possess a science degree and have studied a minimum of 1 food technology related module.
• Legally permitted to work in ROI.
• Experience in working with Cheese (Manufacturing, Processing or Retailing).
• 1 years’ experience in the agri-food manufacturing industry.
• Knowledge of dairy product manufacture.
• Knowledge in process efficiency and lean streamlining.
• A strong understanding of product launch procedures and will be at ease taking responsibility for carrying out trials, whilst working to a critical path and implementing HACCP.