CAD Design Technician
Seamless Aluminium Ltd
- Sector: Engineering
- Location: Donegal
- Salary: €30k - €40k
- Closing Date and Time: 16/08/2021 09:30
- Fixed-Term Contract (18 Months), Full-Time (40 Hours)
Seamless Aluminium was established in 1975 and operates from a state of the art manufacturing and powder coating facility in Ballyshannon, Co Donegal. The company manufactures and distributes Aluminium Rainwater management solutions along with fascia & soffit systems for domestic and commercial use.
They have a wide range of tooling and can make a wide range of bespoke pieces to complement their existing product ranges. They supply throughout the UK and Ireland and are an ISO9001 registered company.
The company wants to manufacture a range of architectural cladding and roofing panels to suit modern domestic and commercial properties. The panels will need to be aesthetically pleasing and follow current trends i.e. standing seam roof panels, shadow edging etc. The panels will need to be rigorously fire tested to comply/exceed BS8414. The panel will have industry leading levels of heat retention for the thinnest panel coupled with the highest fire safety rating. Fixing systems will need to be designed to support said panels and load span tables developed for specifiers. Establishing a design capability within the company will also be a key project aim.
As well as an attractive salary offering of €30,000 to €40,000, the successful graduate will lead this 18 Month project, in a supportive partnership with North West Regional College and will also have the opportunity to avail of a set learning package with an academic institution as part of the employment offering.
• Prepare estimates and CAD drawings for customers
• Answer and respond to customer queries
• Provide technical assistance to engineers and technicians while having one-to-one point of contact with Architects / specifiers, overseeing the design function of products
• Keep abreast of technical developments to provide excellent service to customers
• In general, duties will include some scheduling, costing and project management
While working as part of our team we will expect you to:
• Gain an understanding of our current equipment and machinery
• Gain an understanding of existing product ranges and through innovative techniques add, change and introduce new processes and products, new ways to do specific tasks
• Hold or due to be awarded by July 2021, min 2.2 degree (BEng) in Mechatronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or Architectural Design / Building Design related discipline.
• Legally permitted to work full time hours in ROI and the ability to possibly travel to our UK office.
• Min 1 year experience of CAD design software with knowledge of CFD.
• Experience of Revit.
• Involvement in establishing a production line.
• Flair in architectural design.
• Excellent IT skills - MS Word, Excel etc.
• The ability to work both individually and as part of a multi-functional team essential.
• Analytical and problem-solving abilities - Keen attention to detail.
• The ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• The ability to multi-task.
• A flexible outlook and ability to manage & meet deadlines.