ReCon is one of the most progressive waste recycling companies in Ireland, treating ‘difficult-to-process' waste materials, such as construction & demolition wastes, road sweeper waste, and ashes and sludges from various Municipal treatment processes. The company’s goal is to achieve a 100% recycling rate with 100% diversion from landfill and to unlock the 'uncaptured value' within the waste streams. ReCon is committed to continuously reduce the environmental impact of its operations and products through the adoption of sustainable practices and circular economy principles. The company is focused on turning its incoming waste steams into low carbon cement reduced or cement-free sustainable precast concrete products.
ReCon Waste Management is offering an exciting opportunity for a graduate to join our team and work on a collaborative project with TUS. The focus of this role is to contribute to the development of sustainable concrete products derived from recycled waste materials, specifically for precast construction applications.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Formulating, designing, and validating novel concrete products to meet industry standards.
- Obtaining End of Waste product approval for formulations from entities like NIEA.
- Developing manufacturing capabilities for these sustainable products at ReCon.
- Implementing on-site testing capabilities at ReCon.
Taking these innovative products to market and fostering the growth of this sector within the ReCon business
The successful graduate will lead this project, in a supportive partnership with Technological University of the Shannon (TUS) and will also have the opportunity to avail of a Post Graduate Diploma with Queen’s University Belfast as part of the employment offering.
- Access to subsidised private medical health care available.
- Car Parking on site.
- Provision of branded company workwear and PPE as applicable.
- Covering the cost of Engineers Ireland fees.
- Fully funded Post-Graduate Diploma awarded by Queen’s University Belfast.
Interviews will be held approximately week commencing: 18/03/2024