Software Developer, Phonovation Ltd
- Sector: IT
- Location: Dublin
- Salary: €40k - €45k
- Closing Date and Time: 01/11/2021 09:30
- Fixed-Term Contract,
Phonovation (www.phonovation.com) has established itself as the leading supplier of value added and innovative voice and SMS solutions. Our reputation is built on the quality of our people, infrastructure, and the understanding of each of our client's unique requirements. Our flagship product is InteractSMS (www.interactsms.com), Ireland's largest bulk SMS platform. Clients send over seven million SMS per month in Ireland alone through our interface or API. What separates InteractSMS from our competitors is that it make your customers act, instantly.
This project will focus on prototyping and solving technical challenges as part of a small team to enable real-time control of which SMS messages reach our customers. This will be a unique and innovative offering in the tech solutions provider industry.
Key tasks will include:
- Evaluate, along with a researcher, best practices deployed worldwide
- Evaluate, along with a small internal team, solutions that enable operation at large scale
- Evaluate, along with a small internal team, application of AI or Heuristic search algorithms capable of operating in near real time at large scale
- Recommend and prototype based on the evaluations performed
The successful graduate will be part of a small internal team for this project, with a fantastic opportunity to solve a current real world problem with a potential global impact, in a supportive partnership with Ulster University and will also have the opportunity to avail of a Post Graduate Diploma with Queen’s University Belfast as part of the employment offering.
- Honour’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or Software Development or related area.
- Legally permitted to work in ROI
- Software development and/or implementation
- Understanding of secure programming
- Practical experience of working as part of a software development team
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Have demonstrated problem solving skills
- Have demonstrated drive and enthusiasm
The candidate must also be a highly motivated ‘self-starter’ and be committed to maintaining high levels of quality and customer service. S/he must be results-oriented with excellent communication skills, good common sense and team player, demonstrate broad analytical skills and an aptitude conducive to working within a team.