Lean/Manufacturing Engineer, Concrete Batching Systems Ltd
- Sector: Engineering
- Location: Armagh
- Salary: £25k - £30k
- Closing Date and Time: 22/10/2021 09:30
- Fixed-Term Contract,
Concrete Batching Systems Ltd has been trading from 2009 mainly in the UK and Middle East markets. They specialise in providing their customers with complete turnkey solutions, including project management, design, manufacturing and onsite installation including the electrical and control system. They are an innovative, forward thinking company who are expanding and currently wish to add to their growing skill base.
They want to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer to support the planning, organization and direction of projects, from concept through to design, prototype, manufacturing and commissioning.
Key role responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate and implement the most efficient and cost-effective production methods required to manufacture major sub-components and final assembly of machines.
- Coordinate with production, design and quality assurance to establish / implement containment and route cause fixes to manufacturing issues.
- Implementing best practice standard work on shop floor to improve safety and quality and maximise efficiency.
- Review Engineering Drawing and highlight any discrepancies with the Design team.
- Provide production support to all areas within the business within the defined site.
- New product introduction, design for manufacture reviews, establishing processes and production launch.
- Coordinate and lead time studies and production layouts in conjunction with the production teams.
- Provide Lean Manufacturing training and coaching where required across their assigned site.
- Minimum HND Level 5 UK; Level 6 ROI/Degree standard.
- Experience working as a Manufacturing Engineer within a manufacturing environment.
- Proven experience in project management, following agreed project timelines and deliverables (may have been during placement).
- Full UK Driving licence.
- Demonstrated capabilities in a Lean operations environment.
- IT skills, competent in Microsoft office.
- Demonstrates good analytical skills & is solution / problem solving focused.
- Willingness to try innovative approaches.
- Good presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Good time management skills.
- Person with disciplined thoughts and disciplined actions.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to drive change and coach others.
- Good prioritisation and organisational skills.
- Use of Autocad & solidworks.