R&D Food Technologist, Beotanics Ltd
- Sector: Science
- Location: Kilkenny
- Salary: €30k - €35k
- Closing Date and Time: 22/10/2021 09:30
- Fixed-Term Contract,
Beotanics is an Irish firm based in Co. Kilkenny, with a growing international reputation for innovation in niche food crop production across the world. They have a wide range of unique protected varieties of innovative crops that are high in nutrition and functional values such as Sweet Potato, Yacon, Wasabi, Colocasia, a large portfolio of green, pink, and purple kales and high protein crops such as Lentil, Fava Bean, Quinoa, Chickpea, and Lupins.
The company works with its global network of breeders and growers in places like USA, Brazil, Hawaii, Middle East, Africa, Portugal, Netherlands, Germany and Japan and other European countries to build a sustainable supply chain for the food industry. The company’s passion for innovation shines through and they are the leading global innovator in developing crops in a natural, transparent, and fair way, to enhance taste, appearance, and nutritional value.
Beotanics Ltd has identified an opportunity to develop new food products in their business. This role will involve providing a creative flair, technical skills and new product development (NPD) support to the company through facilitating NPD and innovation, meeting all the internal and external requirements of the business and within the expected timeframes and budget expectations.
Tasks involved will include:
- Set up and effectively manage their new R&D facility
- Manage implementation and delivery of the NPD Process for concept and prototype development of their range of crops
- Work effectively with other key functions to deliver new products and improve existing products.
- Understand and apply all relevant food safety regulations and laws to all projects such as HACCP, GMP, BRC etc.
- Source, review and assess new ingredients & equipment and products for the site.
- Manage recipe, ingredient, and process changes and record all the relevant information, ensure all paperwork for the project is completed and kept up to date.
- Work with 3rd party producers to upscale manufacturer of the successful prototypes.
- To organise, participate and present at customer visits on behalf of the company.
The successful graduate will lead this project, in a supportive partnership with North West Regional College and will also have the opportunity to avail of a Post Graduate Diploma with Queen’s University Belfast as part of the employment offering.
- Min 2.2 degree in Food Technology/Science, Home Economics or other relevant 3rd level qualification
- Previous experience in Product Development or Operations in the Food Industry
- A current driving licence and access to a car.
- Legally permitted to work in ROI
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Excellent communicator with good presentation skills.
- A quick learner with a ‘hands on’ approach.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills.
- Understanding of NPD, Food Safety & Quality Management Systems.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office tools.